Known as Bradeshagh in 1312, it is famous for its tower which is all
that remains of a church. This is part of the district of
South Turton. To the north is
Bromley Cross, south is
Castle Hill. East is known as
A bell still hangs in the tower, inscribed
'Ave Maria gracia plena' meaning 'Hail Mary full of grace'. The
16th Century tower itself is all that remains of the Chapel of Ease. It was
restored during 1985/86 and rededicated on September 28th 1986.
1872 this church replaced the one adjacent the tower. It is known as the
church without a tower, dedicated to St. Maxentius, the only one in the
On the junction of Bradshaw Road, Lea Gate and Bolton Road.
21k GIF 82k JPEG
Old School House, Bradshaw 1996
On Lea Gate.
Back to the main Bolton page
A full index is available to all these pages.
DISCLAIMER: Errors and Omissions Excepted.