Taking its name from the former landlord of the area, Sir Thomas Egerton, baronet, it was developed in the 1830's when John and Edmund Ashworth set up their cotton mills.
There is a site for Egerton at http://www.egertonvillage.co.uk/
An Egerton resident has a site with pictures of Egerton and Bolton at http://mysite.freeserve.com/boltonlass/
DISCLAIMER: Errors and Omissions Excepted.
[Home] [Bolton] [Index] [Gallery] [Webcam] [Updated] [Walk] [Drive] [Links]